What is worship?
For me it is offering praise, prayer and expressing devotion and adoration for a higher being(deity). This deity for me is the Lord God Almighty, creator of the heavens and the earth and everything that dwells therein.
The Apostle Paul expresses his thoughts on worship in Romans 12:1-2 when he says: “I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable, or well pleasing and perfect.”
The Psalmist David in 95 division of the Psalms, declares himself to be worshiper of the most high God and states clearly the method by which this worship is carried. Verses 1-11 is filled with expressions of joy, peace and above all acknowledgement of a God worthy of what is being offered.
1. O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
2. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
3. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
4. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
5. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
6. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
7. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
8. Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9. When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
10. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11. Unto whom I swear in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.
Lift your worship to the Father for he and he alone is worthy. My prayer is, Lord if I, find favour in your sight. Lord, please hear my heart’s cry. I’m desperately waiting, to be where you are. For your glory, I will do anything, to behold you as my king.
Angels fall prostrate at your feet, wings folded about them as they bow and worship you.
Who is man, that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you visit him. You have made him a little lower than the angels and have given him dominion over all of your other creations. Yet what man has failed to realise is that we are all made for your pleasure. Therefore, is it any wonder our worship should be long to you.